Fourth of July this year was really fun. In the afternoon we headed over to my family's house had a BBQ and hung out. We ate way too much, but had a lot of fun. Then in the evening we headed out to Maverick stadium (or Stater Bros Stadium as it is now called) for the Maverick's game followed by fireworks. This was the first baseball game we had taken Ashlyn too, and she was so excited. We ended up having to buy grass seats as the game was sold out, but I think that worked well. We laid out our blanket ate our snow cones, and enjoyed the game. Nathan was so good he just laid on the blanket and slept most of the game, and Ashlyn did great too she can't wait to go back again.
I forgot our camera so here are a couple of pictures that I took with my cell phone.


After the game (which the Mavericks won in the bottom of the ninth) they had a fireworks display which was really neat. Ashlyn however was not a big fan of the fireworks. She said they were way to loud so she kept her fingers in her ears until it was over. Nathan on the other hand loved the fireworks. I was worried that they would be way too loud for him, but I think he enjoyed the bright colours. I think the game was a big success Ashlyn is still talking about it. It was a lot of fun, and turned out to be a great day.
1 comment:
That pic of Ashlyn and Jarom is too cute!
Post a Comment