Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hawaii

One of the reasons that Jarom took a new job teaching math over at Apple Valley High School was fall break, and this fall break made the move over worth it. The three of us took a trip to Kaua'i, Hawaii with Jarom's parents, his sister Jessica and her husband Todd. It was so much fun! Here are a few snap shots from our trip.


There are waterfalls all over Kaua'i and these quickly became one of Ashlyn's favorite parts of her trip.


She learnt to say the word waterfall (or "Wat-er-fall" in Ashlyn language) and when ever she saw a waterfall she would get so excited.


One of the days we were in Hawaii we took a boat trip to Fern Grotto. This is Ashlyn waiting to catch the boat. Ashlyn loves to wear Jarom's hat so she gave Jarom her hat and took his!

Ashlyn was so excited about the boat ride she kept saying "boat boat" that was until the boat started moving then she was a little unsure about the boat ride, as you can tell by the look on her face.


Fern Grotto was fun. It is a cave where on the outside of the cave the ferns are growing downwards all over the cave.


While we were there Ashlyn found a "meow" and as those are one of her favorite animals she had to go say hi.



One of the coolest parts of being in Hawaii is you get to see the coolest things. For instance we took a trip to the beach, and just laying on the sand was a monk seal, and then a few minutes later a sea turtle came out of the water and laid on the beach. How cool!




On one of our day trips we drove up to Waimea Canyon which is also known as the Grand Canyon of Hawaii. As you can see it is a pretty impressive view, once you make it up to the top!




For dinner one night we ate at the Beach House. The restaurant is right on the beach. This is Jarom and Ashlyn during dinner as the sunsets behind them. Pretty cool!


We went to Po'ipu beach (the same beach where we saw the seal and turtle) the water was so clear you could see the fish swimming right by you. Ashlyn had so much fun she didn't want to get out of the water.




We also got to see the Spouting Horn.



Lastly I couldn't write about our trip to Hawaii without including the Roosters (or "roostiff" if you were talking to Ashlyn) The roosters are all over Kaua'i which at first is kinda fun seeing them all over the place that is until they are cock-a-doodle-doo-ing at 4am outside your door, but even with the interrupted sleep we had an awesome time. A big thank you to Jarom's parents for letting us all tag along with them we had a really great time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little girl! I didn't get to go to Hawaii until I was married on my honeymoon! I know what you mean about sea turtles. I shot a whole role of film on one silly turtle, but I was so excited to see one out in the wild. How fun for you guys!

Johnson's said...

Jarom and Kerri!
So this is Brandee Johnson (Boren). I hope you guys remember me. I found your post through Ceri's Blog. I'm so glad I found you guys! I always wonder about my old institute buds and was super happy when I saw your blog. So I see that you guys got married. Congrads! When did you guys get married? Your family is darling! What have you been up too?
I'm doing good and currently living in Utah still. Probably in August we will move to Missouri. My parents moved from Phelan to Missoui about 1 1/2 years ago. Needless to say its beautiful.
Do you guys have a facebook account? I would love to find out so much more about you guys! Go check out my blog. Hope to hear from you soon.
Brandee

Kristy said...

Wow! Your October break was way more exciting than ours. Your pictures are so cute! I love the turtle. That is so Awesome! Good Times!